I made my first top 10 list in April, I think. I’ve read a lot since then, so another top 10 is due.
- A Searing Aquintance by J L Ashton
- Longbourn’s Songbird by Beau North
- My BFF by Ruth Phillips Oakland
- Living Austen by Nancy Saylor
- Foundation of Love (The Gypsy Blessing 2) by Wendi Sotis
- The Particular Charm of Miss Austen by Ada Bright and Cass Grafton
- Lucky 13 by Cat Gardiner
- Pride and Prejudice and The Perfect Match by Marilyn Brant
- Compulsively Mr Darcy by Nina Benneton
- The Perfect Hero by Victoria Connelly
I’ve just realized when I made the list that however these are another top 10 modern adaptations I love since I had my other list, I have reviewed only 3. What a shame, because all of them made to my list would deserve a separate post.
The Perfect Hero was one of my first JAFF readings along with A Weekend with Mr Darcy which I mentioned in the beginning of the year. There are Pride and Prejudice characters with Persuasion mashup as there is a film crew shooting Anne’s and Captain Wentworth’s love story.
Pride and Prejudice and The Perfect Match set in Chicago (my favourite city along with N.Y. – I’ll never make up my mind which is my fav.). As much as I’m not fond of the idea Elizabeth having a kid with another man, the story is pretty good and I enjoyed it a lot.
Living Austen is great as it is. There is nothing I would change in it and the author had an eye on details.
Lucky 13 set in N.Y., and to be honest it should have ended up in the first part of the list, but from #3-7 I could have shuffled the books in any order…
Foundation of Love is a lucky find to be honest. I bumped into it on amazon by chance. I read almost all the books from the same author in one go. Spoiler – this is the second part, the first part is a regency era variation and it is on my new top 10 regency list.